Thank you for your interest in Cascade Environmental Resource Group Ltd. below lists the current opportunities available with us.
About the job
Are you a biologist and Qualified Environment Professional (QEP) searching for your next big adventure? Cascade is seeking an experienced biologist with a minimum of 5 years’ experience to join our team’s supportive and engaging culture. This is a unique opportunity to facilitate community growth and make a difference working within the Sea to Sky community on a variety of projects.
Our work is highly diverse, with projects focused on marine and freshwater and marine environments, terrestrial vegetation and wildlife, ecosystem and environmental assessments, as well as land use planning projects. We call Squamish and Whistler home, with offices in both locations. We are proud to live, work and play within our communities.
This role is focused on in-person work, the bulk of which will take place in Squamish, working out of the Squamish office. Projects outside of the Sea to Sky Corridor are rare but offer the opportunity to explore similar mountain communities within British Columbia.
Cascade is well known as the preferred go-to within the resort recreation industry for environmental consultancy and has been providing environmental consulting services for over 20 years offering a wide range of solutions.
Our vision is to lead the Sea to Sky Corridor and beyond in client care, responsive service, and support for successful resource planning and development projects.
We live by our values to protect the environment, protect the client, practice sound science and provide sound guidance. Responsiveness is our competitive advantage.
We offer a competitive total compensation package including extended health benefits, guaranteed hours, work-life balance, a supportive culture, and career development opportunities.
- Willingness to occasionally travel to complete projects as needed
- Must hold a valid class 5 BC driver’s license
- Ideally be located in Squamish
Demonstrated work experience in one or more of the following:
- Federal/provincial agency permitting
- District of Squamish permitting an asset, however, any experience working within municipal permitting within BC or Alberta is considered an asset
- Experience completing terrestrial and aquatic habitat assessments, wildlife assessments Riparian Areas Protection Regulation (RAPR) assessments, invasive species assessments, environmental impact assessments, resource and land use assessments
- Instream Work
- Phase 1 PSI
- Requests For Proposals
- Demonstrated Ffamiliarity with wildlife environmental acts, legislation, and guidelines
- Environmental Professional designation (R.P.Bio/ R.B. Tech/A.Sc.T.EP/EPt/R.P.F./P.Ag.)
- Riparian Area Protection Regulation Assessor
- Electrofishing certification
- Experience in Fish Salvage – Electrofishing and Minnow trapping
- Certified Professional Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC)
- Wildlife Dangerous Tree Assessor Certificate
- Electrofishing certification
- Experience in Fish Salvage and Inventory Methods –
- Strong vegetation / wildlife identification skills
- Certified Environmental Site Assessor
- Co-ordinate and conduct a variety of projects of medium to high complexity
- Prepare all types of environmental assessments
- Design and conduct desktop & field assessments for aquatic and terrestrial habitats including mitigation and compensation measures.
- Provide environmental advice and solutions governed by policy and standards
- Co-ordinate permits, licenses, authorization, and approvals with the relevant municipality
- Oversee and design construction environmental management plans
- Leading projects and junior team members in the field as needed
- Field Surveys (e.g., bird, invasive species, site bioinventory, fish salvage)
- Data compilation, analysis, and technical report writing
- Client meetings & stakeholder engagement
- Other duties as assigned
- 5-8 years of related experience in a similar role
- Post secondary diploma /degree in a relevant discipline
- Hold a professional designation (Q.E.P status) – Professional Biologists with the BC College of Applied Biology or the Alberta Society of Professional Biologists and Technologists
- Experience should including report writing, biological inventories, aquatic or terrestrial habitat assessment and permitting
- Experience liaising with clients, Indigenous communities, and government agencies and interest groups
- Enjoy being part of and leading a team
- Proven ability to use initiative and strong judgment to resolve problems
Salary range $80,000-110,000
Cascade is always interested in hearing from qualified individuals; if you would like to be considered for future opportunities please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org