Thank you for your interest in Cascade Environmental Resource Group Ltd.
Our work is highly diverse with projects focused on marine and freshwater aquatics, terrestrial vegetation and wildlife, ecosystem and environmental assessments, and land use planning projects. With offices in our hometowns of Squamish and Whistler, we live and play where we work.
Senior or Intermediate Biologist
Environmental Technician or Technologist
If you are eager to take the next steps in their career development by joining our supportive team of local experts. Leading projects for construction and development, wildlife and fisheries surveys, aquatic and terrestrial habitat assessments, Riparian Areas Protection Regulation (RAPR) assessments, Water Sustainability Act approvals, land and resource management projects, and ensure applicable permits and approvals are in place.
Most projects are located within the Sea to Sky Corridor, with some others located throughout the remainder of the province. This career opportunity offers a mix of office and field work where no week is the same.
The Intermediate and Technician Role is to co-ordinate, conduct and contribute to while the Senior role is to manage, implement, design and conduct:
- Proposal Writing
- Permit, license, authorization, and approval applications
- Desktop and field assessments for aquatic and terrestrial habitats
- Field Surveys (e.g., bird, invasive species, site bio inventory)
- Data compilation, analysis, and reporting
- Client meetings & stakeholder engagement
- Technical Report Writing
- Monitoring (e.g., construction and development projects)
- Habitat Restoration
- and more.
In support of:
- Resource and land use assessment
- Environmental impact assessments
- Wildlife and habitat assessment
- Instream Work
- Phase 1 PSI
- Invasive Species assessments
- Riparian Areas Protection Regulation (RAPR) assessments
Who are you:
- Proven work experience
- Post secondary diploma or degree in a relevant discipline, or equivalent
- Relevant Professional designation with an organization such as the Applied Science Technologists (CTech / AScTs / P.Tech/ RTMgr), BC College of Applied Biology and/or the Alberta Society of Professional Biologists or Technologist. Q.E.P status preferred
- All rounder, keen to work in lots of different areas
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Willingness to travel to locations on occasion to conduct research
- A team player who is organized and will contribute to office management
- Experience mentoring staff and leading projects
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must hold a valid class 5 BC driver’s license
- Located in Squamish (preferred)
- Experience leading staff and projects
- Ability to prioritize and manage several deadlines and clients
- Client relations experience – Indigenous communities, contractors, project partners and interest groups
- Experience in the preparation of formal reports and regulatory approval applications
- Familiarity with applicable wildlife acts, legislation, guidelines, and species inventories
- Environmental Professional designation (EP/EPt)
- Electrofishing certification
- Experience in Fish Salvage – Electrofishing and Minnow trap setting
- Certified Professional Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC)
- Strong vegetation / wildlife identification skills
The Intermediate and Technician opportunity suits a candidate looking to gain leadership experience and seeking to specialize in one of our areas of expertise.
The Senior and Technologist opportunity would suit a candidate looking to gain project design and management experience and expertise.
Who are we:
At Cascade we value a work-life balance that offers a flexible work environment with a competitive salary based on experience. We support professional growth and development opportunities and strive to cultivate a culture of equality, diversity, and inclusion. These are full-time permanent positions, Monday-Friday with 40-hour weeks, giving the right candidate the opportunity to live and work in the community at a locally owned business in BC’s adventure capital.
If you possess a combination of these skills and are looking for a career with meaningful and challenging work, please apply with a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cascade is always interested in hearing from qualified individuals; if you would like to be considered for future opportunities please send your resume to email@example.com